Dr. Alden has a passion for working in rural communities where he can bring naturopathic medicine to those who have previously lacked access to this service. As as a rural doctor, Dr. Alden loves the diversity that he sees in his patient demographic; from paediatrics to geriatrics and everything in between. Whether you wish to discuss a specific health condition, or you are coming to get a check-up, Dr. Alden will intently listen to your concerns and do his best to accommodate your needs.
One of the best things you can do for your health is to take a preventative approach. Dr. Alden believes that regular check-ups are a key ingredient to sustained, optimal performance in all aspects of your life, both personal and professional.
Dr. Alden’s approach:
- Functional medicine approach.
- This is treating the person as a whole, functional individual and not separating the body into individual parts. Dr. Alden gains a full picture of your health needs with an emphasis on what the patient is presenting and data gained from relevant testing and laboratory results..
- Patient centred medicine
- Dr. Alden's initial appointments with his patients are a hour in length so that he can acquire a full medical history and adequately listen to all of his patient's concerns and desired health goals.
Common concerns (But not limited to):
- Allergies (seasonal/dietary)
- Autoimmune disease
- Chronic disease management (for example: diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, poly pharmacy, )
- Decreased energy
- Decreased immune function
- Digestive complaints
- Health optimization
- Hormonal imbalances
- Mood disorders, mental health, depression and anxiety disorders
- Pain management, inflammation, acute and chronic injuries
- Sleep disorders
- Stress and burnout
- Weight management